*Starting June 27 the West Parking Lot and Entrance to Franco Cite Field will be closed. Teams must park in the lot to the East of the school, near the ball diamond, and use the East gates to access the field.
Hillcrest and Franco Turf
Turf Field Etiquette and Rules of Use
The Ottawa internationals Soccer Club (OISC) is very fortunate to have access to wonderful turf fields at Franco and Hillcrest. This has occurred through a long-term partnership with both school boards. It is imperative that every OISC member and user of these facilities does everything in their power to make this relationship with the school board and the neighbors a perfect union. Since the carpeted playing surface must last for 13 years and we will be a principle user, it is imperative that we ensure that it is properly maintained and protected.
The use and maintenance of turf fields are completely different that natural grass fields and they must be respected. The following are turf field etiquette and rules of use for these facilities that will allow us to optimize the life expectancy of the playing surface and work with the both schools and neighborhoods to ensure peaceful co-existence at these sites.
Prohibited on Turf Fields;
1. No food or beverages (other than water) is allowed on the artificial turf field.
2. No chewing gum or tobacco is allowed on the artificial turf field.
3. No smoking is allowed within the gated areas of the turf fields.
4. Open flames, fireworks, welding, etc. are banned from the gated areas of the turf fields.
5. No bicycles are allowed within the gated areas of the turf fields.
6. No sharp metal cleats (as used in baseball and golf) are allowed on the turf field.
7. No hard tires are allowed on the turf field. (including equipment cases and luggage)
8. No vehicles, trailers, tractors, or any vehicle of any sort is permitted on the field without the expressed permission of the OISC
9. No vehicular parking is allowed on the turf field.
10. No football cages or tackling racks are allowed on the playing field.
11. No pegs are to be used to hold down any item on the turf field.
12. No sharp sports objects are allowed on the turf field (javelins, darts, pegs of any kind)
13. No liquid chemicals or lubricant fluids are allowed on the turf field.
14. No animals are allowed on the turf field other then service dogs.
15. Sporting activities using sticks or clubs on the playing surface are prohibited (i.e. field hockey, cricket, golf, etc
16. OISC only has access to the turf field facilities on regular school nights starting at 6:00 PM, if there are school activities on the playing surface, no OISC player, parents or coaches must enter the playing field until 6:00 PM.
17. Prior to entering the turf playing area, ensure that your shoes are free of all dirt and debris. Clean all dirt off your shoes prior to entering the turf area..
18. Only regular shoes, grass cleats or artificial turf cleats are allowed on the playing surface. High healed shoes are not allowed on the turf field.
19. Drinks and food refreshment stations for players shall be off the turf field on adjacent paved areas. Teams using partial field areas must move off the playing surfaces to consume food and refreshments other than water during their sporting activities.
20. Chairs are prohibited on the turf field. They should only be used on the adjacent paved surfaces.
21. Tents and canopies shall only be erected on the paved or natural grass areas adjacent to the turf field. Tents shall be secured to adjacent fencing or grass areas with pegs.
22. No climbing and/or perching on soccer nets, fences, trees, utility shed, transformer or football goalposts.
23. Soccer post netting and corner flags shall not be removed from the gated areas. Corner flags and full field nets shall be put back in place at end of sporting activity if moved.
24. All adjacent areas to the playing field shall be kept free of litter, debris, mud, dirt and oil and chemical spillage. Please pick up all debris while within the facility (regardless if it is your or others). Use trash and litter containers to eliminate debris adjacent to areas of the turf field.
Parking Areas and Entrance to Facility;
1. Bylaw officers will ticket anyone in Fire Lanes or illegally parked.
2. Access to the turf field will be controlled though one main access point.
3. All OISC members must park in the Hillcrest parking lots and not on the neighborhood streets.
4. When OISC is playing, our parents MUST park in the SOUTH parking lot with only the coach and equipment manager parking in the NORTH parking lot. We should be excellent hosts and allow our visitors the closer parking spots.
5. Please ensure that you park in a designated parking area.
6. Do not park on any natural grass area or on pedestrian sidewalks. (you would not like it if someone parking on your lawn, neither does the school board)
7. Do not park on Dauphin Road.
8. Do not park in a circulation route posted with “No Parking” signs and restrict traffic.
9. At Hillcrest H.S. there is ample parking located on the south side of the school. Please use this lot when the north lot is full.
10. Leave all bicycles and other motorized vehicles outside the gated areas of the turf fields.
11. Parking at Franco is only on the East Side of the school, entrance from Smyth road, near the Ball Diamond.